A coalition of the largest online gaming operators in the US, which came together last September to agree on industry-led responsible gaming standards, has welcomed three new members to its ranks: Fanatics Betting and Gaming, Hard Rock Digital, and PointsBet.
The industry-leading coalition now includes the following nine members: Bally’s, BetMGM, DraftKings, Entain, Fanatics, FanDuel, Hard Rock Digital, PointsBet, and MGM Resorts International.
“PointsBet is proud to join the Responsible Gambling Coalition to continue bolstering our commitment to this important topic. Responsible gambling is a core priority for our business and requires meaningful collaboration with all stakeholders, inclusive of operators competing within the same markets, to promote this aspect of our industry and ensure safe practices are followed,” Rachel Kasper, SVP of Legal and Compliance of PointsBet US, said.
“We are proud to collaborate and partner with our industry colleagues. We are committed to the 12 responsible gaming principals and providing our fans tools and resources to enjoy our products,” Anthony D’Angelo, Sr. Manager of Responsible Gaming at Fanatics Betting & Gaming, said.
“Hard Rock Digital is pleased to have this opportunity to collaborate with our fellow operators to promote and maintain an industry-wide atmosphere of responsible gambling. We’re committed to serving our players with educational tools, resources, and support to ensure a safe and enjoyable online gaming experience,” Danny Crook, SVP of Operations at Hard Rock Digital, said.
The industry-leading operators have further followed through on their commitment to the principles, which will be reviewed externally by a panel of experts who will provide guidance for future endeavors. Each operator has developed reports on their activities to date that align with each of the 12 principles, and projects carried out by individual members of the group include:
- Launched a variety of responsible gaming tools and sites.
- Appointed Responsible Gaming Ambassadors, including Craig Carton and Amanda Serrano, and worked with former New York Giant Amani Toomer and former New York Knick Charles Oakley to promote responsible gambling.
- Committed to the need for a unified, nationwide responsible gaming toll-free helpline, and continue to advocate for its adoption.
- Established research partnerships with industry-leading institutions including the Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health, the Division on Addiction of the Harvard Medical School, and the ICGR Sports Wagering Research Fund.
- Partnered with the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG) by serving as donors and Advisory Board members; helping to fund the organization’s agility grant program; and supporting NCPG and its state affiliates through a State Council Funding Program.
- Received the RGCheck accreditation from the Responsible Gambling Council, the leading international authority on responsible gambling, with several others moving through the accreditation process.